Belize LLC –
Liabilities in Belize
Our company offers formation of Limited Liability Companies in Belize. We consider this legal entity very suitable for asset protection and tax planning of our clients. FREE Certificate of Incumbency is included in documents of each ordered LLC.
Advantages of a Belize LLC
Exempt from all local taxes
LLC name may be in any language (translated to English for the Belize Registrar)
Inexpensive annual support
No minimum capital
Information about members, managers, and beneficial owners is not filed with the Belize Registrar and not available to the public
Any individual and legal entity may become a member and manager
No foreign exchange control
Information about a Belize LLC
Limited Liability Company (LLC) is formed under the Limited Liability Companies Act adopted in November 2011.
There have been no changes to this legislation.
LLC name must include the words “Limited Liability Company” or the abbreviation “LLC”, or “L.L.C.”
The name of a limited liability company must be in Roman script. However, the LLC is allowed to use an alternative name in any other script under the condition that it represents an accurate translation of the name registered in Roman script and the alternative name is submitted to the Registrar at the time of formation. The LLC may use it’s alternative name in any dealings with third parties.
- Same as or substantially similar to a name of any existing LLC
- Containing the words “Building Society”, “Chamber of Commerce”, “Chartered”, “Cooperative”, “Imperial”, “Municipal”, “Royal”, or a word conveying a similar meaning
- Suggesting the patronage of Her Majesty or that of a member of the Royal Family
- Suggesting a connection with the Government of Belize or a department, agency, authority or branch thereof, any political party or any professional association recognized by the laws of Belize
- Indecent, offensive or in the opinion of the Registrar, objectionable
- Containing the words “Assurance”, ““Bank”, Brokerage”, “Credit Union”, “Education”, “Fiduciary”, “Financial”, “Foreign Exchange”, “Forex”, “Fund”, “Investment Management”, “Insurance”, “Lending”, “Securities”, “Trust”, or “University”
A registered office address and registered agent in Belize are mandatory. Our fees include both of these services for the current year of formation.
Any individual or legal entity who is a resident of any country may become a member of a LLC.
A minimum of one member is required.
For clients, who would like to have an additional layer of privacy protection, our company offers a nominee member service .
Any individual or legal entity who is a resident of any country may be appointed as a manager.
A minimum of one member is required.
If you need a nominee manager , our company is able to provide nominee services. However, in most cases it’s preferable to be appointed as a manager of your own Belize LLC as it simplifies dealing with banks, suppliers, and customers. It also makes the annual renewal fee cheaper.
Information about all persons connected to a Belize LLC is completely private.
The Articles of Organization is the only document filed with the Belize Registrar. This document does not include any information about corporate members, managers, and beneficial owners. It only lists the name of the LLC, Belize registered agent, and Belize registered office address.
As an extra layer of privacy protection, our company offers Nominee services .
There are no audit requirements for a Belize LLC.
In October 2013, Belize enacted the Accounting Records (Maintenance) Act. According to the Act all LLCs are required to maintain accounting records and keep them in any place within or outside of Belize as may be determined by the managers.
There are no requirements to file tax returns with the Belize tax authority or any other Belize government organization.
Annual meetings are not required.
Formation of a LLC takes 1 to 2 business days. Preparation of all internal documents takes an additional 2 to 4 business days.