Belize Bank Account
About the Bank
Caye International Bank Limited (CIBL) was granted an Unrestricted “A” Class International Banking License on September 29th, 2003 by the Central Bank of Belize and is regulated by the Central Bank of Belize which sets the standards for liquidity and capital adequacy.
Banking with Caye International Bank provides stability, confidentiality and higher returns – the interest rates are significantly higher than in the United States. Reserve requirements in Belize are three times the reserve requirements in the United States and the Caye International Bank has liquidity about twice the Belize legal minimum. This gives great stability to the bank.
Our Belize Bank Account Package Includes
- Belize International Company
- Corporate Seal
- Set of corporate documents for the bank
- Assistance with opening a bank account in Belize
Information about opening a bank account in Belize
Our company prepares all corporate documents in accordance with the banks requirements and our Belize registered agent will submit them to the bank.
- A notarized copy of your valid passport (pages containing photo, signature and personal details)
- Reference Letter from a bank or professional (lawyer or accountant), whose known you for a minimum of 2 years
- Proof of residential address (copy of utility bill with individual’s name and residential address). Bill should be no older than 3 months
Our company collects scanned copies of all required documents for an initial review and pre-approval.
This bank does not require a personal visit.
The bank requires an initial deposit of US$1,000.
When the application is approved, the bank sends the account details to you directly. You are required to pay the initial deposit within 30 days. Once the initial deposit has been received the account will become fully operational.
A minimum balance of US$1,000 is required. The bank charges an additional monthly fee if the balance falls below US$1,000.
• View your account balances
• View detailed history of your account transactions
• View current and previous monthly statements
Please note sending of international wire transfer payments is not possible online. Wire transfer requests may be done via e-mail by filling in a form and sending it to the bank.
The bank offers a prepaid Visa card. It is a reloadable card.
- Card is available for both Personal and Corporate accounts
- Card can be preloaded with up to US$10,000
- Can be used anywhere Worldwide that displays the Visa card logo
- Cash withdrawals available from ATM machines worldwide
- Enhanced 24/7 Online Services
- Self Card Activation/PIN change/forgotten or lost PIN
- 24/7 Live operator help
- Transfers between card holders
- You can personalize your card with your name, company name or for privacy without a name
It takes approximately 2 to 6 weeks to open an account once the bank has received all completed application forms, personal and corporate documents.
The bank opens accounts in USD, EUR, CAD,GBP, and CHF