About the Bank
CIBC First Caribbean is a major Caribbean bank offering a full range of market-leading financial services in Corporate Banking, Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Credit Cards, Treasury Sales and Trading and Investment Banking. It is the largest, regionally-listed bank in the English and Dutch speaking Caribbean. The bank has over 2,700 staff members, 58 branches, 22 banking centres, and 7 offices in 17 regional markets.
On October 14th, 2002, Barclays Bank PLC based in London, United Kingdom and Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) based in Toronto, Canada combined their retail, corporate and offshore Caribbean banking operations and launched the First Caribbean International Bank. First Caribbean brought together two complementary and leading financial services businesses in the Caribbean, and the promise to offer their customers enhanced products and improved and extended access to banking services. On December 22nd, 2006, CIBC became the majority shareholder in the organisation, now holding 91.5% of the bank’s shares in CIBC First Caribbean International Bank. CIBC is a leading North American financial institution serving clients in Canada and around the world. It was recently named the strongest bank in North America and the third strongest bank in the world.
Information about opening a Bank Account in BVI
Our company prepares all corporate documents in accordance with the banks requirements.
Each beneficial owner and authorized signatory should provide the following:
- A notarized copy of your valid passport (pages containing photo, signature and personal details)
- A notarized copy of your drivers licence, nationally issued Id or a Citizenship Card, bearing a photograph and signature of client
- Proof of address Certified: this may be a local utility bill, bank or credit card statement
- 2 Reference Letters: one from a banker and one from an accountant or lawyer. To be addressed to First Caribbean International Bank, confirm the party’s full name, date of birth, residential address, be dated 30 days or less prior to the application. (must have a relationship with the bank, accountant or lawyer for a minimum of 2 years)
Our company collects scanned copies of all required documents for an initial review and pre-approval. Once an application is pre-approved, you will be required to send originals of all personal documents and completed and signed bank forms to the bank.
This bank does not require a personal visit.
The bank requires an initial deposit of US$25,000 to open an account.
When the application is approved, the bank sends the account details to the client. You are required to pay the initial deposit within 30 days. Once the initial deposit has been received the account will become fully operational.
The minimum balance requirement is US$25,000.
- Online access to account balances and account transactions
- Ability to transfer money between accounts in the same bank
- International wire transfer payments
The bank offers a cash secured VISA credit card.
A security deposit of 110% of the credit limit is required as a security.
It takes approximately 3 to 4 weeks to open an account once the bank has received all completed application forms, personal and corporate documents.
The bank opens accounts in USD, GBP, CAD, EUR